Sunday, June 17, 2007

No matter how long you've been knitting . . .

you are never immune to knitting your tail. I had to learn this the hard way and I should have learned my lesson when I made fun of my friend Doe for knitting her own tail.

Even though I've been on posting hiatus, I have finished a couple pairs of socks. Due to tendonitis in my elbow, I've unfortunately had to slow down on the emailing, surfing, knitting and blogging.

This pair of socks represents the "knitting my own tail" incident. Yes, I had to rip the sock out, cast on again and give it another go. The tail just happened to be long enough to knit a few rounds in ribbing.



I did a heel flap on these socks and I'm not so crazy about the way the colors pooled in the ankles.




Next, we have the pair of socks I literally cast on at least five times - they were too small, the yarn pattern was interfering with the liklihood of getting the second sock to match, thought I wanted to do the entire sock in ribbing and then decided on the stockinette version you see here.




I am particularly pleased with the short row heel!



Yarn for these socks is Online Supersocke, Tropic collection - don't have the ball band handy for the color number. The yarn fairies were looking over me, I ended up with two matching socks. It's a good thing I liked working with this yarn - I have three more balls in different colorways!

Until next time . . . toodles!

1 comment:

hakucho said...

You did a fabulous job matching the two socks. They are perfect! I'm new to sock knitting, but not to knitting
and I am still learning...maybe someday.... :)

happy knitting :)